Friedrichsdorf, Germany, July 30, 2019 – Maxon today announced Cinema 4D Release 21 (R21), the next generation of its professional 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software solution. R21 introduces powerful new capabilities including a completely new Caps and Bevel system, new Field Force dynamics, interface speed enhancements and broader integration with popular hardware and software technologies. R21 also introduces Maxon’s “3D for the Whole World” initiative which aims to put professional 3D software within easy reach of every aspiring artist. This includes availability of a singular version of Cinema 4D, more efficient installation and licensing, and new low-entry subscription pricing.
Maxon CEO, David McGavran, explains “3D for the Real World” is not just Maxon’s slogan but the central way they approach the market and the development of its products. Cinema 4D has long been heralded as the high-end 3D content creation solution that empowers the creative process – easiest to learn and easiest to use. Today, “easiest to acquire” will be added to the software’s first-class reputation.
“With R21, we have overhauled virtually every aspect of how our customers choose, download, purchase, license and manage Cinema 4D,” says McGavran. “The availability of a unified version of Cinema 4D will allow us to focus on developing one amazing 3D solution. Very attractive subscription pricing options ensure users around the world can easily access the most up-to-date 3D technology.”
(Maxon will debut Cinema 4D R21 at SIGGRAPH 2019 taking place July 30 - August 1, 2019, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Booth #1227)
Feature Highlights in R21
- One Version of Cinema 4D/More Efficient Installation and Licensing – R21 marks the introduction of one singular version of Cinema 4D that includes the complete feature set at an affordable price. Customers no longer need to choose between editions of the software and will benefit from all feature updates as they become available. A new global online store allows users to subscribe and immediately activate licenses.
- Caps and Bevel – The all-new Caps and Bevels system in R21 lets users extrude 3D logos and animate text effects – the ‘bread and butter’ of 3D motion graphics – quickly, easily and more accurately. But this feature offers more than just fancy fonts and text – caps and bevels are integrated on all spline-based objects – lathe, loft, sweep, etc. for unlimited possibilities. Enhancements include improved constraints and internal bevels, Delaunay cap skinning and a new library of bevel presets.
- Field Forces – The new Field Force dynamics object in R21 allows users to optimize motion graphics workflow in the MoGraph toolset, offering flexibility and power to control dynamic forces in modeling and animation effects for optimized performance.
- Mixamo Control Rig – Offering a quick and customizable way to implement character animation, the new Mixamo Control Rig gives R21 users the ability to adjust Mixamo animations imported into Cinema 4D for a flexible and powerful workflow.
- Rendering Improvements – Cinema 4D's wide range of render options deliver fast, beautiful and professional results for creating outstanding images and animations. New capabilities in R21 include:
- Intel® Open Image Denoise – R21 integrates Intel Open Image Denoise, a library for high-performance, easy-to-use denoising filter solution to improve visual quality and reduce rendering times via deep learning techniques. This technology is part of the Intel® oneAPI Rendering Toolkit, , a set of libraries to help create high-performance, high-fidelity, extensible, and cost-effective visual applications and solutions. The solution works and is available with Cinema 4D’s internal rendering solutions as well as ProRender.
Material Nodes – Numerous additional nodes and UI improvements to accelerate workflow include the new Node Space that defines which material nodes are available to the chosen renderer. Additionally, an API is now available for third-party developers to integrate render engines with the new material node system.
Workflow and Core Improvements
- Interface Speed Enhancements – Interface speed augmentations increase performance in R21 for quicker modeling operations, particularly in demanding, fast-paced productions that require heavy keyframe scene creation.
- Access to the Best Technology – R21 leverages the latest processor optimizations from Intel and AMD. Cinema 4D users can also directly import files to the Unreal Engine and Unity game engines to build stunning cinematic games, simulations, and visualizations. Integration into numerous other popular software packages also means artists have the necessary set of features for maximum creative flexibility.
- Optimized Workflow – As Maxon continues to transition to a more modern UI in Cinema 4D, R21 features improved color, updated menus and defaults. Support for HiDPI on Windows and Mac, provide optimized, anti-aliased display on high end laptops and monitors, and more.
Headquartered in Friedrichsdorf, Germany, Maxon Computer is a developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning Cinema 4D and Redshift 3D software products have been used extensively to help create and render everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials, cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, as well as for medical illustration, architectural and industrial design applications. Maxon has offices in Germany, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Japan and Singapore. Maxon products are available directly from the website and its worldwide distribution network. Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group
email@example.com | 408-318-1980