Friedrichsdorf, August 5, 2014 – MAXON unveiled Cinema 4D Release 16 (R16), the next generation release of the company’s industry-leading 3D software. In addition to countless workflow enhancements, Cinema 4D R16 delivers powerful new features including a modeling PolyPen ‘super-tool’, a Motion Tracker for easily integrating 3D content within live footage and a Reflectance material channel for multi-layered reflections and specularity. Release 16 reinforces MAXON’s commitment to provide creative professionals with stability, performance, unmatched integration, and a straightforward interface to optimize any workflow. See Cinema 4D R16 at SIGGRAPH 2014 in Vancouver, August 12 -14, 2014, Booth #1422
Key Highlights of Release 16 include
- Motion Tracker – Seamless integration of 3D elements into real-world footage.
- Interaction Tag – Control over 3D objects and works with Tweak mode to provide information on object movement and highlighting.
- PolyPen – Paint polygons and move, clone, cut and weld points or edges of 3D models.
- Bevel Deformer – Non-destructive and animatable bevels.
- Sculpting – Numerous improvements and dynamic features for precision.
- Other Features – All-new Cogwheel spline primitive; Mesh Check tool; Deformer Falloff options, and cap enhancements.
- Reflectance Channel – Added control over reflections and specularity within a single new channel, with multiple layers for creating complex surfaces.
- New Render Engine for Hair and Sketch – A new unified effects render engine to seamlessly raytrace Hair and Sketch lines.
- Team Render Server – Enhancements including a new client-server architecture.
Performance and Workflow Features
Cinema 4D Release 16 performance and workflow features, including a revised Content Library, support for the current versions of FBX and Alembic, a new Solo button, Annotations, a new UV Peeler and more.
Pricing and Availability
Shipping September, 2014 Mac OS X / Windows