Herk-de-Stad, Belgium, January 2, 2013 – The Nemetschek Structural Group announced today that it is accepting submissions for its 2013 International Engineering Contest - Inspirations in Engineering. Now in its eighth edition, this unique competition recognizes outstanding achievements and innovative works from the world’s top engineering and construction professionals. The deadline for submissions is 31 March 2013. Dr. Ir. Jean-Pierre Rammant, CEO of Nemetschek Scia and President of the Nemetschek Structural Group, explains, “Over the years, this contest has become a celebrated event for the engineering and construction industry. It provides us an opportunity to recognize the great achievements of our users around the globe.”
“Our previous edition was an enormous success and attracted 117 high-quality projects from 91 companies in 19 different countries. For 2013, we want to recognize how the rapid adoption of BIM is affecting the global engineering and construction industry. Special consideration will be given to projects illustrating the benefits of working in an Open BIM process,” Dr. Rammant continues.
About the contest
Inspirations in Engineering is open to all users of Nemetschek Structural Software. Winners will be drawn from five categories:
- Category 1: Buildings
- Category 2: Civil Structures
- Category 3: Design of Industrial Buildings and Plants
- Category 4: Industrialized Planning
- Category 5: Special Projects
An international professional jury will assess submissions on originality, level of difficulty, prestige and the innovative use of software. This year, special consideration goes to examples illustrating the best use of Open BIM.
Advantages for participation
This contest offers all participants a unique chance to show the world their technical knowledge and professionals skills. Winning entries in each of the five categories and an additional ‘Special Jury Prize’ will be awarded 1,500 € (US$1,955). Nominated and winning projects will also be promoted to the international press for publication in specialized engineering and construction magazines and web outlets. All submissions will be published in Nemetschek’s Inspirations in Engineering book. Thousands of hardcover editions of this remarkable book are distributed globally to key press/media outlets, governments, professional associations, influential industry leaders and peers. In addition, a shareable eBook for mobile devices will be made available for free.
More practical information and complete contest rules can be found in Nemetschek’s Inspirations in Engineering Contest 2013 website: nemetschek-scia.com/contest.
Contest Group Members and Software
- Nemetschek Scia: Scia Engineer & Scia Steel Manager
- Nemetschek Allplan: Allplan Engineering
- Nemetschek Frilo: Frilo Statics
- Nemetschek Engineering: Allplan Precast & TIM (Technical Information Manager)
- Glaser: Glaser -isb cad-
Winners of the 2011 Contest
- Cat. 1 – Buildings: Prodis plus s.r.o. – River House – Bratislava (SK)
- Cat. 2 – Civil Structures: amsler bombeli et associés sa – Hans Wilsdorf Bridge – Geneva (CH)
- Cat. 3 – Industrial Design: STATIKA s.r.o. – Warehouse for Spent Nuclear Fuel – Temelín (CZ)
- Cat. 4 – Industrialized Planning: Movares – Fly-Over – Kerensheide (NL)
- Cat. 5 – Special Projects: Tractebel Engineering – The Confluences Museum – Lyon (F)
- Special Jury Prize: Inginerie Structurala – Orchidea Tower – Bucharest (RO)